Our first product, the PhotoEditorSDK, is a developer platform for creative editing tools and is licensed by leading brands and products worldwide such as Shutterstock, HP and Line. Each day, million of users edit their images or compose designs with our editor.
We build and iterate our products with the goal to always deliver a delightful user experience to both developers as well as the end users of our editor. This means a flexible, easy-to-integrate editor and tools that can be adapted for a wide range of use cases across all major platforms. Today, you can find our editor in massive cloud storage solutions, printing services, marketing tools or messengers.
At the same time, it’s our ultimate goal to empower users to create beautiful designs instantly without actually requiring any expertise in visual design. With this intent, we are going to further expand our SDK while starting new initiatives based on our own technology. This is where you come in: We are looking for someone to lead our design and further expand our creative team.
- identify the weak spots of our product and diligently improve our tools with great design,
- consider all parts of the experience, from copy to animations to business model, when designing,
- overwatch a consistent experience across platforms and products,
- work closely with engineers and product managers to define and prioritize next steps and overall strategy for our products,
- work closely with sales and marketing engineers to improve the overall process for our customers (sign up, dashboard, documentation),
- analyse and understand usage statistics and customer feedback and derive appropriate steps,
- explore new product opportunities with design studies and prototypes, leveraging our technological innovations and platforms,
- find new talents, and build up a design team,
- help transpire our design efforts and philosophy to build up thought leadership.
You may be fit for this role if you
- are an expert in either UI, UX or visual design, but skilled in multiple disciplines across product design,
- can reduce complex processes down to the right balance of flexibility, power and ease of use,
- have experience designing mobile and web products,
- love working with other designers, help them learn and grow and have them help you learn and grow,
are a clear and effective communicator.
What we offer you is
- an outstanding team and community (https://9elements.com/team),
- flexible work hours,
- competitive salary,
- flat hierarchies,
- top-of-the-line MacBooks and other great tools,
- to develop your skills as you please,
- steadily growing company with a lot of potential for personal development,
- to attend conferences or participate in inhouse workshops,
- and a beautiful office in the heart of Bochum in walking distance to the main station, that is surrounded with lots of bars and restaurants.
What we need from you
- We’re currently looking for candidates with at least three or more years of experience
- We’re looking for people with experience and not degrees
- Your work speaks more than a thousand words. Please be sure to include a link to your portfolio & references
Sounds just like the right company for you?
Then we are looking forward meeting you. Apply now by sending your application directly to email@example.com.
What does our hiring process look like?
There is no such thing as a fixed hiring process here at img.ly. You don't have to write a classic application, and you certainly don't have to hand in any of your grades. Just let us know what makes you unique and what you'd like to do here. We'd love to see some projects you've been working on, code examples or designs so we can assess your knowledge status and get an impression of your modus operandi.
Once you sent us your material, we'll get back to you to set up a meeting so we can get to know each other. It is paramount to us that the people we hire convince us both professionally and personally, as our company is more than just a bunch of individuals that happen to sit in the same room whilst staring into their laptops. If both parties have the feeling to click, we will get back to you to clarify the terms, make you an offer and then eventually welcome you aboard.