Booking.com BV (the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online hotel reservation service in the world) is looking for a Graduate UX Designer.
As a Graduate UX Designer at one of the world's biggest e-commerce websites you'll have unparalleled freedom to make a big impact on our business. Your ideas and analyses will find their way into the hands of millions of our users, and you'll learn quickly about user behavior at scale. This Graduate Program really allows you to make your mark within the organization. We will encourage you to take full ownership of your projects and to make decisions every day. You will get insight and experience in a worldwide fast-growing internet company and a unique opportunity to learn about our business from some of the industry’s best people.
• You will rotate in different projects over the course of this 12 month program to get maximum exposure to all parts of our business to assist in your development. During the program, you will develop an in-depth understanding and knowledge of IT at Booking.com, working on live projects and getting on and off-the job training.
• Work with developers, product owners, copywriters and user researchers to conceive, analyze, hand code and test your ideas.
• Play a key-part in the idea generation process.
• Write excellent HTML and CSS. You’re excited about the endless potential of the web, and being able to build things that millions of people can use every day.
• You will prioritize your own work together with your team and product owner. Through A/B testing you will receive direct and immediate feedback from millions of users.
We love working with passionate, enthusiastic, self-motivated, pro-active people who are eager to learn, and to share their knowledge and experience with colleagues. Our ideal candidate is motivated to achieve the best results for his/her team and fulfills the following requirements:
• You are enthusiastic to work in a large e-commerce environment.
• You have passion for design and strong visual design skills.
• You are more than comfortable in the core areas of web design: writing production- standard HTML and CSS, creating beautiful, usable design work, and working closely with your technical colleagues to see the idea through exemplary implementation.
• You are not only capable of making beautiful designs, but also able to make data driven designs that improve the user experience and contribute to our business.
• You have craftsmanship in your work, and you have a great business sense.
• You love data. You are driven by data.
• You have practical hands-on experience during internships, freelance projects or after graduation.
• You can showcase your design from personal projects or your portfolio.
• You have a Bachelors or Masters degree in Design or equivalent.
Nice to haves
• Experience in e-commerce
• Experience with A/B testing
Please send your CV and portfolio to email@example.com.