Showcase IDX is looking for a Senior Front End Developer to help us continue to grow and build innovative real estate search and consumer engagement products for real estate agents and brokers. Right now, we have 8 exceptional people on our team and we are looking to grow our business rapidly, but we want to keep the team size relatively small and nimble.
Currently we have 1000+ customers using our SaaS WordPress plugin, and we're looking to ship some really exciting new (non-WordPress) search products in 2019. This is an opportunity to get in right at the start of development of these new platforms. We want your input, we want you constructively add to the product conversation, and have real impact on our product, company and collective futures.
We are picky about our code and the way it support our user experience. We want our codebase to be readable, maintainable, performant, reliable, and well-tested. We encourage use of language features to make code more readable, not overly clever. We aggressively code-review each other. We learn from each other, and push each other to get better. We don't shy away from hard problems; we tackle them. It's our commitment to this culture that's allowed us to support 1000+ customers with a small tech support team and allows our product team to focus on the future, not the past.
We set a very high bar for ourselves. Think you can clear it?
You have a strong analytic mind & problem solving skills. You believe in sustainable & scalable code. You've jumped on the React bandwagon and love to help others understand how it works & teaching them about best practices. You think code reviews are a great practice for both coder and reviewer. You are enthusiastic about front-end testing and code quality ; you're experienced with writing unit tests, end-to-end tests & code reviews.
As much as you love technology and architecture, you also love " product" -- you relish the opportunity to work with the product team and customers to ensure a surprisingly awesome user experience. You ask a lot of questions and love spirited yet professional debate, knowing it improves outcomes. You understand how to balance scope with the need to ship , and believe that continuous improvement is a way of life.
- Experience with design patterns
- Development and Documentation of user-centric design methodologies, style guides, web standards, and CSS/XHTML best practices
- Experience working on large-scale web initiatives & single page web applications
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues
- Expertise with Git, Node, Bower, Grunt, Webpack (a plus)
- Enjoy working in ES6 / ES7
- Experience in creating exciting experiences on the iPad, iPhone and other mobile devices that conform to W3C standard
- Excellent Written and Verbal communication skills; strong interpersonal skills
- Results-driven, detail-oriented, self-starter, motivated, with high-level of energy, enthusiasm, and initiative
- Deliver awesome, fun, engaging, and reliable solutions
- Collaborate with the team, partners and customers to provide accurate estimations, timelines, costs, and risks associated with development
- Create clear, concise deliverables that communicate your plans and allow the team to successfully execute ideas
- Actively participate in stand-ups, meetings, and design sessions
- Embrace Code Reviews as an opportunity to share your own techniques and improve your skills by learning from others
- Amazing work/life balance - sane & flexible work schedule where we expect you to work a 40-45 hours a week. We respect that you have a life and interests outside of work that are just as important as work.
- A minimum vacation policy which encourages you to take longer vacations with no assumptions that you'll be on call or touch Slack, email, or get contacted unless it's a dire emergency.
- Work on interesting technical and product challenges in an environment that encourages creativity, fun, and the use of new tools to deliver the best results
- Have the creative freedom for learning, experimenting, and responsible risk-taking in a startup-like environment
- Work closely with a small, talented team with a proven track record and a great culture based on honesty, taking good risks, having each other's backs, and working smart.
- Be a central part of a product team that iterates constantly and ships regularly
- Work on public-facing products that customers actually pay for and love
- Relaxed work environment conveniently located in Atlanta's Old Fourth Ward, or remote for the right person.
- We are growing and don't have any venture capital investors -- this means all of your energy is focused on building great product, not playing politics, we're building a product and company for the long term, which
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan
- Great benefits like good health insurance (medical, dental, optical), flexible vacation scheduling, 401K, and paid maternity/paternity leave.
Bonus Points for: Active participation in open-source community (coding, organizing, speaking, bug reporting, pontificating)