Front End Engineer, Subscriber Experience
We are looking for a Front End Engineer to join the User Hub team, a collaborative and multi-functional team within The Times’s Subscriber Experience Group. We follow a user-centered product development and design process to build experiences that strengthen customer relationships and accelerate subscriber growth. This role is on-site in New York City.
We embrace the collaborative culture of The New York Times with weekly product show-and-tell sessions, regular maker weeks to explore new ideas, and we actively encourage the use of the latest technologies.
What you’ll do:
- Develop with React, Redux, Node, Sass, and related technologies everyday.
- Create user friendly experiences in a standards compliant, testable, maintainable fashion
- Work with a cross functional team consisting of developers, designers, product & project managers.
Who we’re looking for:
- You have good knowledge of modern design trends and mobile-first concepts.
- You know HTML5/CSS3 and have used Sass, or similar CSS preprocessors.
- You have experience with JSON-based RESTful Web Services and Linux.
- You’re passionate about close collaboration with design, product, and marketing to craft the best experience possible throughout the entire customer journey.
- You love the idea of building products that are seen and used by millions of Times subscribers every single day.
What you’ll get:
- The opportunity to work alongside smart and talented people and make significant contributions to the digital vision of an iconic media organization.
- A competitive salary and benefits including health, medical, dental, vision, and 401k matching. Salary is commensurate with experience and skill.
- Tuition reimbursement for continuing education.
- A generous maternity and parental leave policy.
- Diverse employee resource groups (including Black@NYT, LGBT, Toastmasters, Parenting, Women’s Network, Soccer, Running, and many more).
- A passionate, motivated team that takes care of each other.
How to apply:
If interested, please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The New York Times Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual's sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics.