Sketchfolio, a web design and development agency in Lafayette is looking for a full-time WordPress Developer. You'll work with a team of designers, developers, and project managers on a range of interesting projects. Atmosphere is professional, but casual. There are also opportunities to work remotely after 3 months (up to two days a week)!
Roles and Responsibilities
- Building and maintaining several WordPress websites
- Creating and maintaining project documentation
- Setting up new and contributing to existing Git repositories
- Provisioning and deploying code to local, staging, and production environments
- Testing websites in a variety of browsers, operating systems, and devices
- Interpreting user feedback to identify and fix bugs
- Researching and vetting potential plugins to complete any non-standard requests
- Escalating any custom development needs to the appropriate team resource
- Estimating time needed to complete development tasks
- Communicating progress, roadblocks, and other issues to project managers in a timely manner through the appropriate channels
- Solving problems independently, efficiently, and creatively within project guidelines
- Staying on top of current trends in web development
- Basic level knowledge of WordPress theme development, Photoshop, Illustrator, frontend build systems/task runners, and managing servers and DNS records
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Must be willing and able to learn from and share with others
Bonus points for experience with any of the following: jQuery, SASS, Gulp, WP-CLI, WordPress plugin development, WordPress database management
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance: Full-time Sketchfolio employees are eligible for insurance beginning the first of the month, following 60 days of employment.
- Independent Retirement Account: A retirement account (SimpleIRA) are setup for employees on a case-by-case basis. Employees become eligible for a retirement account after 12-months of employment at Sketchfolio.
- Basic Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays - The following 11 days are paid holidays for full-time employees: New Year's Day, Martin Luther King Day, President's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve
$50k-$65k (based on experience)
If you feel you're a good fit, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover Letter
- Links to recent websites with the following notes: Your role in the build of the website
- Describe your work process for the website
- What problems did you solve for the website?
- Technologies used for the website
- Please also provide some code samples
- Description of your process for maintaining a WordPress website
DO NOT APPLY if you are not local to Lafayette, CO. This position is an on-premise role.