Are you a motivated front-end developer with a deep understanding of modern JS applications? We have an opportunity for a daring front-end developer to help us create a great unified web product.
We are looking for a solid front-end web developer to join us in shaping the future of a unified MekaMon web experience. Our first product, MekaMon - a hybrid robotics AR gaming platform - encompases a myriad of distinct web products that we wish to integrate and grow. From the online shop to the sister webapp Mekacademy Online, including the community site or the Swift playgrounds, our aim is to build a coherent web footprint, much of it thanks to the careful design and implementation of future web components.
Within this spirit, we are looking for someone proficient with the latest JS technologies, capable of meticulous component design and composition. Previous experience with platforms we are still using, namely Wordpress and Shopify, will be considered a plus.
About Reach Robotics
Reach Robotics is the company behind MekaMon - the four-legged augmented reality battle mech recently launched with Apple across the UK, US and EU. Using robotics and augmented reality, we’re creating unique experiences that aim to entertain, educate and inspire.
Based a five minute walk from Bristol Parkway train station and with excellent links to the M32 / M4 (plus private parking), we’re rapidly hiring across all teams to help realise our products full potential and shape the future of augmented reality entertainment.
We’re proud of the people first culture we’ve created at Reach - We're passionate about the experiences we're creating and love what we do.
Friday afternoons are dedicated to stepping away from the desk to game and work on projects outside our normal scope. We operate on flexitime between 8am - 6pm and have regular social events planned throughout the year. There are also healthy snacks, great coffee and a fantastic atmosphere in our brand new offices, too.
About the role
You will work closely between our web designer and digital designer, albeit still in touch with the back-end team. Together with our designers, you will be the driving force behind the conceptual changes we aim to bring to our web front.
You will be tasked with defining and implementing React components, manage state reducers and actions, integrating with our backend as well as 3rd party backends. You will be asked to produce some html/jsx and some scss rules along the way.
The components will reflect rich semantics and must be reusable and maintainable.
The capacity to produce new content and theme/plugin evolutions on Wordpress and the ability to integrate with a Shopify store front is also desirable.
Last but not least, a creative mind and the capacity to animate SVG assets will definitely not be ignored.
What we are looking for
The key requirements we’re looking for in your application are:
- 2+ years of industry experience building webapps using React+Redux.
- Experience with HTML5/JSX and SCSS.
- Familiar with technologies such as webpack, grunt, babel, npm.
- Experience using version control systems such as Git.
- The ability to integrate well with artists, developers, and other employees.
- Willingness to learn new tools and languages when required.
- Skills to document, present your own views/solutions, code-review, pair program, work on your own, whenever required.
Other skills we will value:
- BSc in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Physics, or similar discipline, is desirable.
- Experience handling SVG manipulation/animation (GreenSock, Snap, Bonsai).
- Experience delivering Wordpress solutions and/or custom themes.
- Experience providing e-commerce solutions based on Shopify.
- Knowledge of php and Wordpress plugin development.
- £28-32k dependent on experience
- Stock options and pension scheme.
- Department Training budget: Budget for conferences, training courses and other materials
- Flexi-time: 8am - 10am starts
- Culture: Fantastic culture with regular organised social events
- 20 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays and Christmas Period)
APPLY HERE https://reachrobotics.com/reachroboticscareers/?bzid=46a836c1ffe1