Full-time Front End Developer for our Manhattan office.
You: possess the experience to help us execute creative concepts in the form of new site features, landing pages, email campaigns, digital banner / PPC ads, social media content, and more. You’re a developer first but aren’t afraid of wearing other hats when the need arises, or of taking a leadership role to push the product and company forward.
We: are a digital media company exploring the intersection between science & science fiction. Creativity, curiosity, and flexibility are among our core values. Our main project, OuterPlaces.com, publishes 10+ times per day and serves roughly 1 million visitors monthly. We need a conversion-savvy web developer to help translate our business goals into performant UI and growth.
The ideal candidate will have:
Familiarity with PHP CMS’s (Joomla is a big plus)
Understanding of cross-browser and cross device testing (our audience is overwhelmingly mobile)
Understanding of SEO best practices
Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical team members and clients
Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator or similar
Experience creating custom graphics for the web and email
It would be awesome if you had a/an:
- Experience working with Joomla and WordPress sites before
- Experience working in a team environment, but could also work on your own based on project requirements
- Passion for learning new technologies and improving your skill set through self-learning
- Inherent ability to solve problems by thinking strategically
- Ability to work efficiently under deadlines
Technologies we use:
- PHP/Joomla CMS
- Git & Github
Does that sound like you? Send your resume and a brief cover letter to email@example.com with the subject "Front End Developer"