Back-end Web Developer (Drupal)
Fastspot is looking for an experienced back-end developer to join our team in building large, complex websites. If you want to work closely with a team who shares your passion for innovation, craftsmanship, and problem solving, please get in touch.
About the Job
Your job as a developer at Fastspot will be to work with a team of strategists, designers, and developers to tackle difficult challenges with an eye toward delivering high quality, creative solutions. We are a team full of interdisciplinary creators. No one at Fastspot has just one responsibility. We all have our specialties, but our true strength comes from involving the whole team in all phases of our work. By combining our talents, our clients get the best of everything we have to offer.
You will be responsible for: Working with designers and strategists to convert designs and functional requirements into beautiful, highly performant sites; producing well-organized code and elegant CMS architecture solutions; reviewing your team members' code for standards and quality assurance; and making decisions based on best practices and user experience, both from a front-end and back-end focus.
The ideal candidate will have talent and creativity, a discerning eye, a strategic mind, a good attitude, and a passion for what we do. We are looking for someone who can speak intelligently about their ideas and decisions and who excels at making those ideas into real, usable, and innovative solutions.
This is a full-time position that may be remote or in-house at our Baltimore headquarters depending on the right candidate. We prefer that you’re local to Baltimore (or could be in the future), but please contact us regardless. We won’t turn down the perfect fit if proximity is the only obstacle. Fastspot will consider candidates seeking remote employment who demonstrate a capacity to excel from a remote location. Candidates who wish to be considered for a full-time distributed position should be prepared to explain how they’ve been effective as a remote employee in the past and give examples of the tools or techniques they have used to stay connected with the on-site culture of their previous employer(s). Unfortunately, we are unable to consider applications from international applicants.
You should be:
- an excellent communicator;
- a good teammate;
- experienced with client-facing communication;
- proficient at technical writing and project planning;
- excited and knowledgeable about emerging technologies;
- motivated to learn new software, methods, and technology;
- able to prioritize tasks and hit deadlines; and
- willing to learn from mistakes and ask for help.
- Must have 5+ years of relevant experience (e.g. past or current positions at interactive agencies, work on large websites with complex systems)
- Specific experience architecting and building complicated, large-scale Drupal sites/applications (Drupal 8 experience is a must)
- Extensive knowledge of the Drupal 8 API system, including building custom modules and themes
- Experience with Drupal site optimization and caching techniques
- Deep understanding of and extensive experience with developing best practice, unit test driven, object-oriented PHP
- Experience using PHP frameworks for site/application development (e.g., Symfony 2, Laravel)
- Demonstrated experience building large, complex sites with third-party API integrations
- Portfolio demonstrating your ability to produce well-organized, standards-compliant code
Fastspot offers a full benefits package including:
- minimum 120 hours of paid time off
- flexible schedule and remote workdays when needed
- generous office closure days around the fall/winter holidays
- 401(k) with company match
- healthcare with vision and dental options at little to no cost to the employee (depending on age)
- company HSA
- employer-paid teledoc service with smartphone app support
- employer-paid life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance policies
- free pool and gym membership at office campus at Mill No. 1
- fully-paid Fastspot fun events throughout the year including the annual company baseball outing, family barbecue, and holiday party
- cute dogs in the office
- complimentary coffee and soft drinks
- pool table, virtual reality, and full bar with draught beer and nitro coffee on tap
- all-gender bathroom
- support for preferred pronouns in HR software and in public-facing communications
- privacy room for nursing mothers
Fastspot is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of factors such as sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, ability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, nationality, culture, class, age, or faith.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this full-time position with Fastspot, please fill out our application form at https://fastspot.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=44. Be sure to include your resume and a cover letter. We would love to hear more about why you want the job and why you're the perfect match for us.
All communications regarding open positions at Fastspot are sent via an HR software application. Please whitelist email@example.com to help us avoid your spam filter!
We don’t respond to recruiters. We aren’t interested in freelance help. No phone calls, please.