Front End Developer : Digital Department
Reports to: Director of Web Development
We’re looking for a Front End Developer to help us create attractive and functional online experiences for our clients. You will work closely (literally — we work in an open office) with our lead developer and members of our digital content and delivery teams. You’ll develop and maintain email templates, landing pages, marketing websites and various other items as needed. You will also facilitate quality assurance processes and support the digital team on large projects. Our ideal candidate is a skilled multi-tasker and project manager who can translate technical concepts into terms our clients can understand.
- 3-5 years web development experience
- Write clean and valid HTML 5 and CSS 3 code.
- Passion for web standards and user-centered design
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe CC applications
- Strong knowledge of CMS integration (WordPress, etc.) with an interest in identifying and testing new platforms
- An ability to develop with a mobile first, responsive mindset
- Interest in SVG and Canvas animation
- Understanding of version control (Git, SVN)
- Manage HTML email development and responsive emails in particular
- Develops conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, and interactive prototypes (either by coding or using interactive tools) to communicate your ideas and test with users
- Lead the development QA processes and debug all browser/platform issues
- Make design decisions in development to fulfill the design direction as part of the creative team, and enhance any template based websites
- Work with the content team to implement SEO best practices and all analytics code
- Familiarity with Rackspace Cloud
- Enjoys the idea of pitching in on tasks that might not be directly related to web developer’s primary roles (e.g., helping out with photo/video shoot, developing wireframes)
- Experience with and/or knowledge of web server hardware, site architecture, user interface requirements, web navigation, web page layout, cross platform issues, browser and platform compatibility and capability, animation, image compression, size and speed issues.
- PHP or .NET MVC experience
- Demonstrates expertise in successfully identifying solutions without supervision to achieve business goals by taking technology, processes, resources, productivity and user experience into consideration.
- Integration of RESTful APIs
- Utilization of CSS pre-processors (SASS, SCSS, LESS)
Please email email@example.com