Are you an energized, talented and motivated individual fascinated by the mobile web and the future of interactive media? Bonfire Studios is looking to add a web developer to its growing team.
We’re a small digital studio with a passion for innovation and bold user experiences. We work with a wide variety of brands that range from small local businesses to internationally recognized companies. Our office is conveniently located just 30 minutes north of Boston in Andover, MA.
What will the position entail?
Our developers work closely together with each other, the rest of our team, and our clients. You’ll start off by getting yourself acquainted with our processes and projects, and then start contributing to both new and existing projects. Our projects range from single landing pages, to medium-scale websites backed by a CMS, to full custom web applications. The majority of your work will be front-end development, although any server side experience is a plus.
- Intermediate-level position
- Competitive Pay
- Flexible Hours
- Gym/Internet Reimbursement
- Sweet downtown area with good eats
- Beer! Tacos!
What do we look for in candidates?
- An individual with a passion for web, mobile web, app development and user experience development
- An enthusiastic team player who loves contributing and investing in new ideas
- Someone who is willing to go the extra mile to grow with our team
Some of the things we look for in developers:
- The ability to work with designers to bring their ideas to life in rich and interactive ways - with a focus on intuitive user experiences and exciting interfaces
- Attention to detail and the ability to create pixel perfect websites based off of PSD documents
- Knowledge on best practices related to UI development
- Experience creating websites that work on all size devices and across all modern browsers
- A basic understanding of SEO and website performance best practices
- Experience developing custom themes for open source content management systems
Bonus Points if you have experience with:
- Craft CMS and Craft plugin development
- Knowledge of modern front-end build tools
- HTML5 Canvas, PHP, Git, Sass, Gulp, NodeJs, ReactJs, Ruby on Rails
Send over a resume and some examples of your best previous work. Prototypes or links to repositories are okay, but we prefer to see production websites to know what your work would look like in the end.