Team Liquid is one of the world’s leading esports organisations and we are hiring two back end website developers to bolster our websites team. Our back end devs will modernize our current websites and build new properties around the latest competitive games. The developers will work closely with our website team, our wiki team, and our Chief Technology Officer in Utrecht, NL.
2x Back End Website Developers
Job Title: Back End Website Developer. Type: Full Time. Location: Utrecht, NL. Reports to: Head of Websites, Head of Liquipedia, CTO.
- Ability to relocate permanently to Utrecht, NL highly preferred. A remote position may be considered for the right candidate.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Proficiency in:
- PHP development - with and without application frameworks
- Secure web coding practices: familiarity with SQL / code injection, LFI, XSS, CSRF, serialization attacks, and others, and how to avoid them.
- Web performance fundamentals - where to use database indices, appropriate use of caching, avoiding frameworks when native code will suffice, etc.
- Tools like composer, NPM, and others for dependency management
- Git version control
- One of the positions will require experience in Python development with Django.
- Enthusiasm for esports is a plus.
- Create and maintain website backend functionality.
- Develop new features for current and future websites.
- Coordinate with frontend developers to ensure compatibility and usability.
- Work with all website teams to conceptualize new features and websites.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send code samples or a portfolio, your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Attn: Back End Website Developer Application".
Code samples should written in PHP and, if applying for the Django position, should also include a Python sample. The code must be correct but does not need to work on its own. The code can be hosted on any convenient repository.