Journey Group seeks a meticulous front-end web developer to join our digital studio. The studio composes content, designs interfaces, and builds websites and applications for cultural, educational and humanitarian partners.
Our culture is generous and collaborative. Our space is warm and energetic. Our goal is to produce world-changing design in service to our clients. We take our work and our community seriously.
You should have
- Experience with Vue.js (or similar) and Laravel is a huge plus
- Ability to think conceptually about abstract problems
- Drive to learn and succeed
- Ability to receive and respond to thoughtful critique
- Motivation to work integrally as part of a team
- A heart for service in a client-centric business environment
- High attention to detail along with the ability to self-manage and follow through
The position requires
- Full-time availability at our Charlottesville office
- At least one year of professional experience
- Desire to balance multiple projects
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Exceptional communication skills
- An undergraduate degree
About Journey Group
Journey Group is a design agency based in Charlottesville, Virginia: a charming college town that punches above its weight-class with easy access to natural beauty and the cosmopolitan allure of both Richmond and Washington, D.C. We’re about two-dozen strong and have been at it for more than 25 years. Our work is fueled by collaboration and we genuinely enjoy one another’s company. Our office, a thoughtfully restored, century-old home, is situated just off Charlottesville’s downtown pedestrian mall. Benefits include—but certainly aren’t limited to—health and dental insurance, 401(k) plan with employer match, generous vacation allotment, discounted health club membership, and cellphone stipend.
To learn more, visit our website. Then, send a thoughtful cover letter and résumé to Judy Grover, our managing director, at email@example.com, by February 23, 2018. Please include links to samples of your work along with written descriptions of your involvement and why you’re proud of it.