Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
As a Front End Software Engineer you will work on a global product for our financial services technology ecosystem.
In this role you will:
- Translate strategic design into controls, mechanisms and processes that users require to meet goals.
- Design screens or pages with which a user interacts and ensure UI visually communicates the path that a UX designer has laid out.
- Develop choices around design and user interfaces that allow cross-discipline teams to solve customer pain points and challenges.
- Construct quick interactive prototypes that illustrate your UI design: functional with modern effects, animations, and transitions as appropriate, that present a realistic feel of the intended experience.
- Present prototypes to a large audience and key stakeholders of Product as and when required.
- Participate in visual problem-solving with product team, relevant stakeholders within Product team.
- Conceptualizes original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
Experience required for this role is as follows:
- BS degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in designing UI for web, mobile or other products.
- Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio; up-to-date with the ability to solve problems creatively and effectively; experience in creating prototypes.he latest UI trends, techniques and technologies.
- Collaborative attitude, willingness to work with team members; able to coach, participate in code reviews, share skills and methods.
- Constantly learns from both success and failure.
- Good organizational and problem-solving abilities that enable you to manage through creative abrasion.
What about Perks?
Manulife has lots of perks including, but not limited to:
- Competitive compensation.
- Retirement Savings Accounts including a fully funded Pension Plan and a 401(k) plan with company match.
- Manulife Share Ownership Program with company match.
- Customizable Benefits Package including Health, Dental and Vision.
- Generous time off policy.
- Financial support for ongoing training, learning, and education
- DressSmart flexible work attire policy.
- An abundance of career paths and opportunities to advance
- A flexible work environment with flex hours, work from home arrangements, distributed teams, and condensed work week arrangements.
This is a full time permanent role located in Boston, MA.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2017, we had approximately 34,000 employees, 73,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 26 million customers. As of December 31, 2017, we had over $1.04 trillion (US$829.4 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $26.7 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
HOW TO APPLY - Please send resume directly to: email@example.com