Founded in November 2014, Back Market is the very first marketplace specialized in refurbished electric and electronic devices. We connect certified professionals who work hard to ensure all electric and electronic devices get a second life with consumers looking for equipment that makes a difference.
E-waste reduction, planned obsolescence battle and circular economy are 3 good reasons to wake up in the morning; we're offering a fantastic career opportunity for a Senior Front-End Developer to join our European team (based in Paris). So if you've got a way with front-end technologies, continuous improvement, an interest in environmentally-friendly initiatives, a strong development background and a genuine desire to build a first-class global marketplace, we'd love to hear from you.
As a key member of the TECH team, you'll help develop and scale Back Market worldwide (France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Belgium as of today – many more countries to come). Based in our Paris office, you'll work closely with our commercial, marketing and customer care teams, a group of passionate professionals who are dedicated to making sure our products and the Back Market brand stand out.
We have a challenging schedule and high business expectations, so you'll need to be able to get up to speed without compromising on attention to detail. For the right person, this is a chance to gain valuable experience in building a star and to join a fast-growing, exciting and life-changing company that's shaking up the consumer electronics business.
Reporting to our Lead Front End Developer your duties will include:
- Create highly interactive applications using modern front end technologies
- Scope and estimate of requirements along with writing of technical documentation
- Share you knowledge with other developers and helping them deliver high-quality code
- Reviewing development work with a critical eye
- Constantly optimise our applications speed
Skills we're looking for
- SVG, Animations, Transitions have no secret for you.
- Experience with CSS3 and Less/SASS (ability to write mixins, partials, use source maps, etc)
- Self-initiated, fast learner with a positive attitude : we don’t want to tell you what to do all the time - hopefully you will tell us what we need to be doing
- 2-5 years of experience in a similar role, preferably in a start-up
- Open-minded about technology choices and coding rules
- Strong sense of team spirit thriving in a fast paced environment
- Excellent attention to detail, quality of work and time management
- Familiarity with Automation Tools and Test-Driven Development
- English, of course.
- Great office groove – we genuinely value feedback and initiative !
- Talented and passionate teams
- Located in central Paris (75003)
- Attractive compensation package based on profile and experience