Are you a meticulous web designer with proven experience creating responsive and mobile-first layouts? Do you have a passion for the CSS3 grid system as much as for elegant typography? Then send us your portfolio today and join the ranks of Reach Robotics.
We are looking for an intrepid web designer to join us in shaping the future of a unified MekaMon web experience. Our first game, MekaMon - a hybrid robotics AR gaming platform - encompasses a myriad of distinct web products that we wish to integrate and grow. From the online shop to the sister webapp Mekacademy Online, including the community site or the Swift playgrounds, our aim is to build a coherent web footprint. Much of it will be achieved through our UI kit as well as a carefully crafted selection of resilient layout templates, all converging to provide a unique MekaMon UX.
This is where you get in. We are in need of someone with a particular talent designing great UI/UX for the web. Proficiency with the latest CSS miracles is fundamental, as well as knowing your way around a typical modern front-end project (npm, grunt, webpack, sass, git).
About Reach Robotics
Reach Robotics is the company behind MekaMon - The four-legged augmented reality battle mech recently launched with Apple across the UK, US and EU. Using robotics and augmented reality, we’re creating unique experiences that aim to entertain, inspire and educate.
Based a five-minute walk from Bristol Parkway train station and with excellent links to the M32 / M4 (plus private parking), we’re rapidly hiring across all teams to help realise our products full potential and shape the future of augmented reality entertainment.
We’re proud of the people first culture we’ve created at Reach - We're passionate about the experiences we're creating and love what we do.
Friday afternoons are dedicated to stepping away from the desk to game and work on projects outside our normal scope. We operate on flexitime between 8am - 6pm and have regular social events planned throughout the year. There are also healthy snacks, great coffee and a fantastic atmosphere in our brand new offices, too.
About the role
You will be strategically positioned at the very core of the web team, with a particular affinity with marketing. You will be entrusted with shaping our web products and designing a UI kit of web components. We expect you to be able to produce and iterate different types of prototypes and wireframes, storyboards and mockups. Applications such as Sketch, Adobe (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign), InVision, should not be strange to you.
In terms of technology, you should be quite familiar with HTML5. However, your forte here must be CSS, namely in the form of SASS or Less. Being familiar with other technologies, such as npm, grunt, webpack and git is also desirable.
So, fundamentally, you will be called to put the money where your mouth is, when it comes to your design solutions. And for that you will require a certain mastery of CSS. We also expect maintainable and reusable stylesheets, organised semantically according to the components they refer to.
What we are looking for
The key requirements we’re looking for in your application are
- 5+ years of industry experience designing responsive webapps or strongly branded sites (portfolio)
- Strong understanding of UI and UX principles, with demonstrable experience taking concepts through to completion
- Demonstrable ability producing wireframes, storyboards and fast prototypes (using tools such as Adobe InDesign, Sketch, Balsamiq, InVision)
- Acceptance of the mobile-first credo. And the ability to take it from mobile to desktop graciously
- Considerable experience with HTML5 and CSS3 (SVG manipulation, CSS animations and keyframes, blend modes, media queries, flexbox and grid layouting)
- Knowledge of CSS pre-processors, namely SCSS, and the ability to produce semantic stylesheets
- Ability to integrate your deliverables with a front-end project stack (npm, react, webpack, grunt)
- Working understanding of version control systems such as Git
- Comfortably learn new tools and approaches when required
Other skills we will value
- Bachelor's degree in web/graphic design, human factors, cognitive psychology, computer science, or similar discipline
- Experience delivering Wordpress solutions and/or custom themes.
- Experience providing e-commerce solutions based on Shopify.
- £30-35k dependent on experience
- Stock options and pension scheme.
- Department Training budget: Budget for conferences, training courses and other materials
- Flexi-time: 8am - 10am starts
- Culture: Fantastic culture with regular organised social events
- 20 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays and Christmas Period)
APPLY HERE https://reachrobotics.com/reachroboticscareers/?bzid=1f0bb5d6a449