What is 9VAe ?
- 9VAe is a free 2D animation editor which can export Animated GIF , APNG, Animated SVG or QuickTime (9va-mac).
- 9VAe can import SVG vector illustrations.
- 9VAe can create interpolated images. So you can make animation without drawing pictures.
Runs on: Microsoft Windows, Apple Macintosh, Raspberry Pi, Ubuntu
- 9va-win (Windows)
- 9va-mac (Macintosh)
- 9va-pi (Raspberry Pi)
- 9va-pi (Ubuntu/Linux Mint (LinuxX86-32bit))
Contents of this article
- 9VAe can create 9 pages. 9 pages are enough pages to create LINE animated Stickers or Animated GIF.
- This article shows how to make a long animation with a free 2D vector animation editor '9VAe'.
- See this article if you want to know how to make animation with '9VAe'.
How to make a long animation with '9VAe'
1. Use AnimeCast for short time loop animation
- Use AnimeCast for short time loop animation such as birds flapping or people running around.
- If you make one page to move the right leg forward and make another page to move the left leg forward, the number of pages will be over 9 pages soon. In this case, create the man who stays there and whose legs are moving alternatively. Save the man's animation.
- Open the new animation and input the the man's animation as an AnimeCast.
- Copy the Animecast to the next page and move it forward. You can make the man's running animation within 9 pages.
- See this article. 9VAe Beginner Tutorial 3 - AnimeCast, Time
2. Bind 9 9VAe animations to one 9VA animation
If you want to make more than 9 scenes you have to divide animation to many 9VAe animations.
2.1 How to switch animation files in 9VAe
- 9VAe can edit many animation files at once.
- Click [9VAe] button A to switch animation files. The file names will appear on the bottom of menu B. Click it to switch animation files.
2.2 How to bind 9VAe animations to one 9VA animation
- After making some 9VAe animations, bind them to one 9VA animation.
- For example, let's bind Komori's animations in the example folder in 9VAe.
- Click [File] on the menu bar > Click [New]. A new file will appear.
- Click [9VAe] button (A). > Click [Input 9VA animation(AnimeCast)].
- Open the "example" folder in the "9va" folder. > Open "komo_island"
folder. > Select "00title.eva". > Click [Open] button.
AnimeCast(00title.eva) will appear in the first page.
- The current time duration of the first page is 1 second. The animation will stop after 1 second.
- You have to change the time duration of the first page to the play time of "00title.eva".
- After that, inset the next example animation to the second page and the next animation to the third page...
- Make sure the AnimeCast is selected.
- Click the time [1 sec] on the first page(I). > Click the the bottom item on the menu [11.5 sec (Time of AnimeCast)].
The time duration will be 11.5 seconds. ( If you can't see [11.5 sec (Time of AnimeCast)] on the menu, update 9VAe. )
- Click [+] button (J) on the right side of the first page. > Click [Add Blank Page] on the menu.
The second page will appear on the right side of the first page.
- Click [9VAe] button (K). > Click [Input 9VA animation(AnimeCast)].
- Select "01sharks.eva". > Click [Open] button.
AnimeCast(01sharks.eva) will appear in the second page.
- Click the time [11.5 sec] on the second page. > Click the the bottom item on the menu [13 sec (Time of AnimeCast)].
The time duration of the second page will be 13 seconds.
Insert the other example animations as follows.
The play time will be 131.25 seconds after binding 9 animations.
2.3 Set Page size
Set the page size of the animation to 512x386 which is the same size of the example animations.
- Click [Page] on the menu bar > Click [Page size...].
- Enter 512 x 386 > Click [OK].
2.4 longer animation
- Now you can bind 9 of 9 pages aniimations to one animation. The animation will include 9x9=81 pages.
- Repeat this. You can bind 9 of 9x9 pages aniimations to one animation. The animation will include 9x9x9=729 pages.
- You can bind 9 of 9x9x9 pages aniimations to one animation. The animation will include 9x9x9x9=6561 pages...
3. Use 9VAe as a Viewer
- You can make very long 9VAe animation by using the binding way shown above. But the data size will be bigger and it will take much time to open and save the animation.
If you use 9VAe as a viewer, this problem doesn't occur. You can make ver y long animation without any problems.
Drag the folder(*) which includes 9VAe animations on to the 9VAe icon. 9VAe will start as a viewer mode. In this mode, 9VAe plays all the animations in the folder in the order of the name. (*)In the case of 9va-pi, use shell script to start view mode.
Try to drag the folder "komo_island" in the folder "example" on to the 9VAe icon. You will see the all the animations in the "komo_island" as one continuous animation.
- Because each animation is small, it's very fast to open them. You can make a very long animation by putting 9VAe animations in the folder together.
- You can change the order of the animation by changing the name of the animation.
- You can make a long animation by sharing animations with many people at once.
There are two ways to make a long animation with 9VAe.
- If you can use 9VAe as a viewer, it is easy to make a long animation. Drag the animation folder onto 9VAe.
- If you want to export a long animated GIF or movie, you should bind 9VAe animations to one file by using way described in this article.
9VAe Beginner Tutorials
- 9VAe Beginner Tutorial 0 - Overview
- 9VAe Beginner Tutorial 1 - Input, Select, Move, Resize...
- 9VAe Beginner Tutorial 2 - AnimeCast, Time
- 9VAe Beginner Tutorial 3 - Edit AnimeCast, Loop
- 9VAe Beginner Tutorial 4 - Time Curve, Copy Pages, GIF
- How to make a long animation with 9VAe
9VAe Next Step Tutorials
- How to make APNG from SVG for LINE animated Stickers?
- Make Barrel Fish animation from Openclipart SVG
- Six steps to make SVG Animation from Openclipart
- How to make Animated GIF from Openclipart?