What's 9VAe ?
9VAe is a powerful free software which can create 2D animation using vector graphics.
Use of shape tweening eliminates the need to create animation frame-by frame. You can produce SVG / GIF / APNG animation easily.
Runs on: Microsoft Windows, Apple Macintosh, Raspberry Pi, Ubuntu
|Download (Click in the following links)||Download from Vector||How to Install|
|9va-win (Windows)||9va-win (Vector)||windows|
|9va-mac (Macintosh)||9va-mac (Vector)||mac|
|9va-pi (Raspberry Pi)||9va-pi (Vector)||pi|
|9va-pi (Ubuntu/Linux Mint/Xtra-PC (LinuxX86-32bit))||linux|
|PEAS motch! (Windows / Macintosh) Kids version)|
- Stand-alone editor for 2D Vector Animation.
- Export Animated GIF, APNG (LINE animated Stickers), Animated SVG (SMIL).
- Smooth Tweens (Shape, Color, Position, Size, Width, Transparency...)
- Path Animation. Time Curve.
- Vector Effects (blur, drop shadow ...)
- Import SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics).
- Export Quicktime (9va-mac) , Sequential PNGs with alpha mask.
- Wacom pen tablet (Ver.0.5.2-)
Here is an overview of the 9VAe interface.
- Tool Box
- Editing Tool
- Play / Stop button
- Page Bar
- Palette(Color, Width, Line types...)
- Input button (Animation / Sound / Photo)
- Clip memory (Copy / Cut / Paste / Animecast)
- Time Control Panel (Time curve, Layer)
9VAe's Page means key-frames. Each page has time duration in seconds between the page and the next page. 9VAe doesn't have Timeline. You can create animations by changing shapes on the pages and changing duration of the pages.
Time curve , Path , Animecast (Movie clip) allow you to create complex movement between the pages.
- You can see the SVG animation in Openclipart.
|PowerPoint, Keynote, LibreOffice||Make animated GIFs. Add them to the presentation.|
|Illustrator, Inkscape||Import SVGs. Make animations.|
|Movie Editor||Make Sequential PNGs animation. Superimpose them into the movie.|
|Scratch||Make Sequential PNGs animation. Make original costume width them.|
|Windows||10/8/7/Vista/XP, 64bit / 32bit|
|Macintosh||OSX 10.4 - (Intel/PowerPC)|
|Raspberry Pi||Raspbian-Stretch/Jessie-PIXEL/Jessie/Wheezy Linux|
|Ubuntu / Linux Mint / Xtra-PC||Ubuntu 14,16 / Linux Mint 17,18 (Linux x86 32bit)|
|Language||English, French, Japanese|
Recent Version (History)
Ver.0.6.1 (June 6, 2018)
Ver.0.5.16 (March 22, 2018)
Ver.0.5.14 (December 6, 2017)
Ver.0.5.13 (October 13, 2017)
Ver.0.5.12d(9va-win) (September 11, 2017)
Ver.0.5.12 (August 31, 2017)
Ver.0.5.11 (July 28, 2017)
Ver.0.5.10 (July 14, 2017)
Ver.0.5.9 (July 4, 2017)
Ver.0.5.8 (June 30, 2017)
Ver.0.5.7b (June 16, 2017)
9VAe Beginner Tutorials
- 9VAe Beginner Tutorial 0 - Overview
- 9VAe Beginner Tutorial 1 - Input, Select, Move, Resize...
- 9VAe Beginner Tutorial 2 - AnimeCast, Time
- 9VAe Beginner Tutorial 3 - Edit AnimeCast, Loop
- 9VAe Beginner Tutorial 4 - Time Curve, Copy Pages, GIF
- How to make a long animation with 9VAe
9VAe Next Step Tutorials
- How to make APNG from SVG for LINE animated Stickers?
- Make Barrel Fish animation from Openclipart SVG
- Six steps to make SVG Animation from Openclipart
- How to make Animated GIF from Openclipart?