Happy Pi Day Challenge
#CCC is Back!
International Pi Day is March 14th (3/14), let's celebrate by doing som Pi themed Pens!
I've been missing the CodePen Creative Challenges (#CCC) that used to happen regularly. So much creative inspiration and energy comes pouring out of them. Since Pi day is comming I thought it could be fun to have a Happy Pi Day Challenge.
- Create a Pen which has something to do with Pi.
- Post a link to your Pen in the comments below. No embedded Pens please (they would slow the page to a crawl) - images are ok.
- Tag Tweets and Pens #happypidaychallenge.
- I will add your Pen to Happy Pi Day Challenge Collection
- Starting now, ending Friday 18th.
I made one which compares the convergence speed of two algorithms for calculating Pi: Pi Calculator
For some inspiration you can explore the #pi tag on CodePen.
Did you know:
- Rajveer Meena has the world record for the most decimal places of Pi memorised: 70,000.
- Current record for calculating digits of Pi is 13,300,000,000,000 decimal places. It took 208 days!
- 3.14% of Sailors are PI rates?!
Math joke for "Pi Day." Consider a pizza with radius z and thickness a. Then, its volume is "pizza" (or pi*z*z*a)— Cliff Pickover (@pickover) March 13, 2015
Now go create something to share with us!