What's 9VAe ?
9VAe is a powerful free software which can create 2D animation using vector graphics.
Use of shape tweening eliminates the need to create animation frame-by frame. You can produce SVG / GIF / APNG animation easily.
Runs on: Microsoft Windows, Apple Macintosh, Raspberry Pi, Ubuntu
|Download (Click )|
|9va-pi (Raspberry Pi)|
|9va-pi (Ubuntu/Linux Mint/Xtra-PC (LinuxX86-32bit))|
|See 9VAe Download and Install.|
|9va-kids (Windows) Kids version)|
- Stand-alone editor for 2D Vector Animation.
- Export Animated GIF, APNG (LINE animated Stickers), Animated SVG (SMIL).
- Smooth Tweens (Shape, Color, Position, Size, Width, Transparency...)
- Path Animation. Time Curve.
- Vector Effects (blur, drop shadow ...)
- Import SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics).
- Export Quicktime (9va-mac)
- Export Sequential images (9va-win, 9va-pi)
- Wacom pen tablet (9va-win/9va-mac Ver.0.5.0-)
Here is an overview of the 9VAe interface.
- Tool Box
- Editing Tool
- Play / Stop button
- Page Bar
- Palette(Color, Width, Line types...)
- Input button (Animation / Sound / Photo)
- Clip memory (Copy / Cut / Paste / Animecast)
- Time Control Panel (Time curve, Layer)
9VAe's Page means key-frames. Each page has time duration in seconds between the page and the next page. 9VAe doesn't have Timeline. You can create animations by changing shapes on the pages and changing duration of the pages.
Time curve , Path , Animecast (Movie clip) allow you to create complex movement between the pages.
- You can see the SVG animation in Openclipart.
|Windows||10/8/7/Vista/XP, 64bit / 32bit|
|Macintosh||OSX 10.4 - (Intel/PowerPC)|
|Raspberry Pi||Raspbian-Wheezy/Jessie Linux|
|Ubuntu / Linux Mint / Xtra-PC||Ubuntu 14,16 / Linux Mint 17,18 (Linux x86 32bit)|
|Language||English, French, Japanese|
- Stable to make aniimation.
- Stable to export animated GIFs / APNG / QuickTime.
- Exporting SVG and Importing SVG is also stable.
Recent Version (History)
9VAe Beginner Tutorials
- 9VAe Beginner Tutorial 1 - Overview
- 9VAe Beginner Tutorial 2 - Input, Select, Move, Resize...
- 9VAe Beginner Tutorial 3 - AnimeCast, Time
- 9VAe Beginner Tutorial 4 - Edit AnimeCast, Loop
- 9VAe Beginner Tutorial 5 - Time Curve, Copy Pages, GIF
- How to make a long animation with 9VAe
9VAe Next Step Tutorials
- How to make APNG from SVG for LINE animated Stickers?
- Make Barrel Fish animation from Openclipart SVG
- Six steps to make SVG Animation from Openclipart
- How to make Animated GIF from Openclipart?